A pioneering celebration of drawing returns to Trinity Buoy Wharf in London
The annual Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize exhibition is coming to London’s historic Docklands this January. The 68 selected drawings will be on show in The Chainstore at Trinity Buoy Wharf from 18 January to 1 February 2020. The exhibition will be open daily from 11am to 4pm and be free to see.
The exhibition will be accompanied by a wide range of events for art lovers, artists and creatives, held in The Chainstore at Trinity Buoy Wharf. Numerous artists and leading industry professionals will present talks and workshops that celebrate drawing, explore its role, and encourage everyone to participate.
• Saturday 18 January - Drawing Session: Explore Making and Using Sketchbooks, with designer Jude Maguire
• Sunday 19 January and Monday 20th January - Drawing workshops and portfolio advice sessions for students, with Frances Stevenson from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design at the University of Dunde
• Tuesday 21 January - Drawing Session: On Drawing Memories with artist Charmaine Watkiss
• Wednesday 22 January - Drawing Session: Drawing from Life for students with the Royal Drawing School
• Thursday 23 January - Professional development talk for artists: Social Media for Artists & Creatives with Marine Costello from Parker Harris
• Friday 24 January – Workshop: Drawing for Sculpture with Andy Bannister
• Saturday 25 January – Drawing Discussion: On Working Drawings chaired by Anita Taylor at 1pm.
• Sunday 26 January - Drawing Session: Sketch Club - Collaborative Cityscape, with Jeanette Barnes
• Monday 27 January - Discussion: Drawing and Stitch
• Tuesday 28 January - Drawing Session: Drawing Faces in Ink with artist Fiona Roberts
• Wednesday 29 January: Drawing Session: Drawing from Life with the Royal Drawing School
• Thursday 30 January: Professional development talk for artists: Building and Sustaining a Professional Career with Emma Parker and Penny Harris from Parker Harris
• Friday 31 January: Director’s Talk with Anita Taylor and Drawing reception
• Saturday 1 February: Drawing Discussion: On Transcription with Penny McCarthy and Anita Taylor at 11am.
Saturday 18th of January, 2020
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tube: Canning Town (15 min walk)
Train: West Ham (34 min walk)